Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Late Night On The Canal Trail

A couple of nights ago I decided to follow Little's Creek trail from old downtown Littleton [heading west] towards the South Platte River. Once I reached the Platte I enjoyed cruising north for a couple of miles or so by way of the Mary Carter Greenway [which runs from E-470 to the Denver city line (Hampden Ave). 




Little's Creek & South Platte River Trail (Mary Carter Greenway) Intersection

I was heading for the Big Dry Creek Trail. A place I had briefly explored weeks earlier and could not wait to get back with time to truly appreciate the space and all that surrounds it. I followed Big Dry Creek east for 4.7 miles where I was hoping to connect with the High Line Canal on the far southwest edge of Greenwood Village. With the help of some friendly street signs I was able to make the connection between the two trails with ease. Although both trails nearly connect there is a 3-4 block gap that exists but is easily navigated. Big Dry Creek trail ends roughly at Powers Ave & Washington Street (map below) just east of Brookridge Park and Littleton High School.







No comments:

Post a Comment